If you are using a Ricoh WiFi enabled camera you will need to enable WiFi on the camera itself before trying to connect it to the Keenai application.
To find which Ricoh camera's are supported with the Keenai application, please review this article.
Each Ricoh WiFi camera may specific steps on using your camera with a Communication device, such as a smart phones and tablets. It is recommended that you review your camera's operation manual for specific steps.
In general, here are the steps you would need to follow:
- Insert an SD card into your camera and power it on
- Utilizing the camera settings, go to the Wi-Fi option in the menu
- Scroll down to WiFi then select Action Mode and switch it to on
- For non-Theta camera's, under the Communications Info, locate your camera network ID and WPA2 Connection. For Theta cameras, please review the troubleshooting article here to obtain your WPA password.
- Make note of the WPA2 password, you will need this to connect to your smartphone or desktop
- Press Menu twice to save your settings and exit the settings option
You can also use the Smart Function on your camera by setting the function dial to Wi-Fi and turn the settings dial to on, or off if you are done with your WiFi transfer.
For additional information, please locate your camera's operational manual
Once you have enabled the WiFi function you can then review the articles on how it functions with Keenai for the following platforms:
Finding your SSID on your Theta camera
The serial number printed on the base of the camera is the same as the SSID and password. For example:
- THETA is the SSID along with the Serial Number TAXN
- 00001017 is the Password
You can change the password from your smartphone.
- The WiFi function is disabled when the camera is turned on. Some Ricoh WiFi cameras have additional Smart Functions for enabling WiFi. See your camera manual for specific information for your model.
- When the WiFi function is enabled, the white WiFi lamp lights up and the icon indicates the wireless LAN status is displayed on the status screen and Live View screen.
- It is worth noting that after the WiFi function is enabled, it returns to an inactive state when the camera is turned off and on again, or the camera enters into movie mode.