In order to transfer photos from a Ricoh camera to the Keenai desktop application for Mac, you'll need the following:
- A supported Ricoh camera
- A Keenai membership
- OS X 10.10 or higher with WiFi capability
- 10 MB available hard disk space
- 2 GB of RAM
To see which Ricoh cameras can use the WiFi camera support feature to transfer photos via their internal WiFi connection directly to the Keenai application for Mac and iOS please review the article WiFi camera support overview.
- Download the Keenai desktop app
- You will need to create a Keenai account utilizing the Keenai web application before continuing. Please note that you do need a Keenai account in order to utilize your WiFi camera with Keenai
- Open the Keenai.pkg file
- Follow the on-screen installation steps
- Open the Keenai desktop application
- Click Sign In
- Enter your credentials.
- Click Finish
- You can now configure the options for your Keenai desktop application. Click on the Keenai icon in the status bar in the upper right of your screen and choose Preferences
- Select the folders you choose to use for storing your Photos and/or Videos
- Choose if you want to organize your media folder by date
- Choose if you want to show a thumbnail for your transfers
- Choose if you would like to start the application automatically when logging in
- Click on Keenai Account
- Select the 'watch' folder you would like to have Keenai upload from. As photos arrive in this folder, they will be automatically uploaded to the Keenai service.
Other Options for the Keenai desktop application are:
- Pausing & Resuming downloads from the Keenai service to your desktop
- Pausing & resuming uploads from your Desktop to the Keenai service
Transferring Photos from your camera
Once you have configured the Keenai desktop application you can now begin to transfer photos from your Ricoh WiFi camera.
- Take a few photos
- Using your MAC WiFi settings, select the network for your camera
- Enter the Passphrase for your camera
- It may take up to a minute for transfers to begin to your desktop