RICOH THETA S, SC & V FAQ
My THETA won’t connect via WiFi:
Please check the following:
- The camera’s wireless function is turned on? (Wireless lamp is lit)
- You’re not connected to another nearby device. (Turn off Wi-Fi connections to other devices and switch the camera’s wireless button to off and then back to on).
- There may be electromagnetic interference from a microwave oven, 2.4 GHz band cordless phone, indoor wireless LAN device, or other device.
- The Wi-Fi connection may have disconnected for some reason. Configure the Wi-Fi settings again from the settings screen.
- It may be possible to connect by switching the camera’s Wi-Fi button off and then back to on, and repeating the connection process.
- If it still does not connect, tap “THETA******” displayed in the Wi-Fi settings screen, disconnect/delete the network, and try the connection procedures again from the beginning.
Cannot connect to the camera. An error message appears that says: Cannot connect to the camera. Please check the Wi-Fi settings.
This error message occurs when a Wi-Fi connection cannot be made between the camera and smartphone. Please check the following.
- Is the camera in sleep mode?
- The Wi-Fi connection is disconnected in sleep mode. Therefore, wake the camera up from sleep mode and reconnect the Wi-Fi. Check your Theta users guide for more information on sleep mode
- Press the camera shutter button > select the smartphone "Settings" > turn Wi-Fi on > tap "THETA******" in the network selection > start the app.
- It may be difficult to connect to Wi-Fi for some reason. Turn the camera's Wi-Fi button off/on, and then connect to the Wi-Fi again from the setting screen.
Can I change the password for connecting to Wi-Fi?
Yes. You can change the password from your smartphone.
If you enter the wrong password by mistake, press and hold the wireless button on the camera (7 sec. or longer) to initialize the password. Click here for additional information.
The connection fails while transmitting images or displaying thumbnails.
(For iOS devices, connection stability can sometimes be improved by manually setting the IP address as below, instead of using DHCP.)
- IP address: 192.168.1.5
- Subnet mask: 255.255.255.0
What is the communication distance between the smartphone and camera?
The communication distance between the smartphone and camera is 10m. However, this varies depending on the usage environment.
What is My Settings?
Using the Theta application you can save shooting conditions set with a smartphone on the camera. Shooting conditions registered in My Settings will be enabled when you turn the camera on while not connected to a smartphone.
Additional RICOH THETA V FAQ:
I transferred video from my camera using the Basic app for smartphone on an iOS. However, it was in 2K rather than 4K.
Due to the specifications of iOS, video is converted to 2K then transferred.
Is it possible to view the images without a special viewer?
No. Still images are saved in JPEG format(Videos are saved in MP4 format), and they can be viewed as curved flat images.
- They can be viewed via browsers at URLs they have been submitted to.
- You can also download our viewing application to easily move around images by swiping and pinching.
- Or you can move around spherical videos on YouTube or Facebook.
You can find the Ricoh "Easy Instructions PDF" by linking here.