In order to transfer photos from a Ricoh camera to Keenai application for Windows desktop, you'll need the following:
- A supported Ricoh camera with the wireless option already configured. Link here for steps to enable your camera for WiFi transfers.
- A Keenai membership
- A Windows desktop with:
- Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 or 10
- Microsoft .NET Framework; 3.5 for Win 7, 4.5 for Win 8 and 4.6.2 for Win 10
- Windows PC with a hardware wifi card that is turned on
- 2 GB of ram
- 20 MB available hard disk space
To see which Ricoh cameras can use the WiFi camera support feature to transfer photos via their internal WiFi connection directly to the Keenai application for Windows desktop please review the article WiFi camera support overview.
After you have configured your camera for WiFi transfers you will need to download the Keenai Windows desktop application.
Setting up Keenai desktop for Windows with a Ricoh camera:
- Open the setup.exe file.
- Follow the on-screen installation steps.
- The Keenai desktop application will be open on your desktop. If not, you can launch it from your taskbar or Start menu.
- Click Get Started.
- Click Select folder to back up if you would like to have your desktop photos automatically backed up to the Keenai cloud, or click Set up later.
- If you chose the folder option, select the folder to use, or make a new folder and click OK and Continue. As long as the Keenai application is running, any photos in the selected folder will automatically be uploaded to the Keenai cloud.
- Click Sync Keenai Photos to download photos from the Keenai service to your desktop or click Set up later.
- If you chose the sync option, choose the folder for your photos, videos and RAW photos and click Continue. As long as the Keenai application is running and you have selected the option to automatically download, any photos that have been uploaded to the Keenai cloud from other devices will be downloaded to the selected folders.
- Sign up for a Keenai membership, Enter your Name, Email and Password and click Create Account.
- You are now ready to set up your Ricoh WiFi camera, click on Cards & WiFi Devices.
- Click on the Camera icon to activate your WiFi camera.
- Power on your camera and take a few photos.
- Select your Camera Brand and Model (if your model is not listed, you can try one that is similar in function as those listed)
- Select your cards network from the network list, if it does not appear, give it a minute or two to broadcast.
- Enter your Passphrase that was found in your camera's WiFi settings
- Click Activate.
- If you have photos on your camera's SD card and it remains attached to your computer, they will begin to transfer.
From now on, when you want to transfer photos from your camera to the Keenai application, all you need to do is tap the Wi-Fi button on your camera while your camera is in-range of your desktop. Your camera will then transfer photos to the Keenai application.
If your camera has not connected, check your desktop's WiFi setting to make sure it is broadcasting a signal.
Below you will find additional options for setting up the Keenai desktop application. These options can be found either by launching the Keenai application from the taskbar, Start menu, or through the system tray found in the lower right of your screen.
When you signup for a Keenai membership you can choose to automatically download your photos from Keenai. From the Settings Menu, click the Automatically download photos from Keenai button.
After you have signed up for your Keenai membership you can choose the destination for your Photos, Video's and RAW photos under this option.
- Click the Keenai Photos icon and select the destination folder for your JPG photos, or Make New Folder and click OK.
- Click the Keenai Video icon and select the destination folder for your video files or Make New Folder and click OK.
- To use a separate folder for your RAW photos, toggle the switch to On and click the Keenai Photos icon and select the destination folder for your RAW photos, or Make New Folder and click OK.
You can choose to automatically upload photos you transfer from other devices to the Keenai cloud by selecting "watch" folders. Keenai will check these folders looking for new photos and videos and automatically upload them to your Keenai cloud account.
- Click the Add Folder icon and select the folder that Keenai will upload from, or select Make New Folder and click OK.
There are several options you can configure for the Keenai desktop application.
- Start application at launch can be toggled on or off if you would like the Keenai application to start automatically when you restart or power on your computer.
- Show thumbnail preview for card and device transfers can be toggled on or off to see a small preview of the photo that is being transferred.
- Show transfer progress can be toggled on or off if you would like to see a progress bar of your transfer.
- Organize folders by date can be toggled on or off to place your photos in a folder by the date they were taken.
Device Status Options
To see the status of the connection to your Ricoh camera, you can select the previewing options from the system tray and select the Keenai application. A status box will open with the status of your connection. In this box you will see the transfer progress and the thumbnail preview for your transfer. There are other options here as well:
Windows System Tray
- Photos Folder will show you the location of your transferred photos.
- Videos Folder will show you the location of your transferred videos.
- keenai.com will take you to the Keenai website.
- * (settings) will provide you with the following options:
- Pause will pause the current upload to your Keenai account until you Resume it again. It will not pause a transfer that is in progress from your FlashAir™ card.
- Cards and devices will bring up the visual application window for adding or reviewing the devices you have associated with your account.
- Settings will bring up the visual application window for changing and reviewing your current Keenai settings for your desktop transfers.
- Check for updates will check to see if there are any applications updates and provide you with the option to update your Keenai software.
- Exit Application will exit the Keenai application. If you choose this option, any pending transfers will stop.
Ricoh is a registered trademark, and other Ricoh product and service names and slogans referenced in this article are trademarks or registered trademarks of Ricoh and/or their affiliated companies.