The Keenai desktop application provides support for transferring photos from your Toshiba FlashAir™ cards to your desktop and to the Keenai service if you have an active subscription. The following information will provide you with all the steps necessary for connecting your FlashAir™ card with the Windows desktop application, and the transfer of your desktop photos and videos to the Keenai service.
To set up Keenai desktop for Windows with your FlashAir™ card
In order to transfer photos from a FlashAir™ card to the Keenai application for Windows, you'll need the following:
- A supported FlashAir™ card (W-03 or W-04)
- Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 Pro, 10
- Microsoft .NET 3.5 framework for Win 7, 4.5 for Win 8 and 4.6.2 for Win 10
- Windows PC with a hardware wifi card that is turned on
- 2 GB of ram
- 20 MB available hard disk space.
Setting up Keenai desktop for Windows with a FlashAir™ card:
- Download the Keenai desktop app
- Open the setup.exe file.
- Follow the on-screen installation steps.
- The Keenai desktop application will be open on your desktop. If not, you can launch it from your taskbar or Start menu.
- Click Get Started.
- Click Select folder to back up if you would like to have your desktop photos automatically backed up to the Keenai cloud, or click Set up later.
- If you chose the folder option, select the folder to use, or make a new folder and click OK and Continue. As long as the Keenai application is running, any photos in the selected folder will automatically be uploaded to the Keenai cloud.
- Click Sync Keenai Photos to download photos from the Keenai service to your desktop or click Set up later.
- If you chose the sync option, choose the folder for your photos, videos and RAW photos and click Continue. As long as the Keenai application is running and you have selected the option to automatically download, any photos that have been uploaded to the Keenai cloud from other devices will be downloaded to the selected folders.
- If you would like to sign up for a trial Keenai membership, Enter your Name, Email and Password and click Create Account. If not you can choose Continue without Account.
- You are now ready to set up your FlashAir™ card, click on Cards & WiFi Devices.
- Click on the FlashAir Card icon to activate your FlashAir™ card.
- Place your FlashAir™ card into your camera, power it on and take a few photos.
- Select your Card Model (Only W-03 and W-04 are currently supported).
- Select your cards network from the network list, will be something like 'flashair_ec2.....', if it does not appear, give it a minute or two to broadcast.
- Enter your Passphrase (usually 12345678 for new FlashAir™ cards).
- Click Activate.
- If you have photos on your FlashAir™ card and it remains attached to your computer, they will begin to transfer.
Below you will find additional options for setting up the Keenai desktop application. These options can be found either by launching the Keenai application from the taskbar, Start menu, or through the system tray found in the lower right of your screen.
If you have signed up for a Keenai membership you can choose to automatically download your photos from Keenai. From the Settings Menu, click the Automatically download photos from Keenai button.
If you have signed up for a Keenai membership you can choose the destination for your Photos, Video's and RAW photos under this option.
- Click the Keenai Photos icon and select the destination folder for your JPG photos, or Make New Folder and click OK.
- Click the Keenai Video icon and select the destination folder for your video files or Make New Folder and click OK.
- To use a separate folder for your RAW photos, toggle the switch to On and click the Keenai Photos icon and select the destination folder for your RAW photos, or Make New Folder and click OK.
You can choose to automatically upload photos you transfer from other devices to the Keenai cloud by selecting "watch" folders. Keenai will check these folders looking for new photos and videos and automatically upload them to your Keenai cloud account.
- Click the Add Folder icon and select the folder that Keenai will upload from, or select Make New Folder and click OK.
There are several options you can configure for the Keenai desktop application.
- Start application at launch can be toggled on or off if you would like the Keenai application to start automatically when you restart or power on your computer.
- Show thumbnail preview for card and device transfers can be toggled on or off to see a small preview of the photo that is being transferred.
- Show transfer progress can be toggled on or off if you would like to see a progress bar of your transfer.
- Organize folders by date can be toggled on or off to place your photos in a folder by the date they were taken.
Cards & WiFi Devices
You can add additional FlashAir™ cards and other devices in this section.
Add Card or Device
Click on +add Card or Device to add an additional device which can be a Mobi card, a FlashAir™ card or supported WiFi camera.
Card Status Options
To see the status of the connection to your FlashAir™ card, you can select the previewing options from the system tray and select the Keenai application. A status box will open with the status of your connection. In this box you will see the transfer progress and the thumbnail preview for your transfer. There are other options here as well:
Windows System Tray
- Photos Folder will show you the location of your transferred photos.
- Videos Folder will show you the location of your transferred videos.
- keenai.com will take you to the Keenai website.
- * (settings) will provide you with the following options:
- Pause will pause the current upload to your Keenai account until you Resume it again. It will not pause a transfer that is in progress from your FlashAir™ card.
- Cards and devices will bring up the visual application window for adding or reviewing the devices you have associated with your account.
- Settings will bring up the visual application window for changing and reviewing your current Keenai settings for your desktop transfers.
- Check for updates will check to see if there are any applications updates and provide you with the option to update your Keenai software.
- Exit Application will exit the Keenai application. If you choose this option, any pending transfers will stop.
From now on, when you want to transfer photos from your FlashAir™ card to the Keenai application, Follow these steps:
- Turn on your camera.
- Take some photos.
If your card is configured properly, the network for your FlashAir™ card will broadcast to your computer, Keenai will connect to it and your photos will begin to transfer (it can take up to a couple of minutes for your FlashAir™ card WiFi network to appear).
Utilizing the FlashAir™ Apps from Toshiba you have the following options:
- Changing your passphrase for your FlashAir™ card.
- Changing the name of your FlashAir™ card.
- Change the passphrase behavior when a FlashAir™ card is formatted.