The Keenai desktop application provides support for transferring photos from your Eyefi Mobi cards to your desktop and to the Keenai service if you have an active subscription. The following information will provide you with all the steps necessary for connecting your Eyefi Mobi card with the Windows desktop application, and the transfer of your desktop photos and videos to the Keenai service.
In order to transfer photos from an Eyefi Mobi card to the Keenai application for Windows, you'll need the following:
- An Eyefi Mobi card.
- Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 Pro, 10.
- Microsoft .NET 3.5 framework for Win 7, 4.5 for Win 8 and 4.6.2 for Win 10.
- Windows PC with a hardware wifi card that is turned on.
- 2 GB of ram.
- 20 MB available hard disk space..
To set up Keenai desktop for Windows with your Mobi card:
- Download the Keenai desktop app
- Open the setup.exe file.
- Follow the on-screen installation steps.
- The Keenai desktop application will be open on your desktop. If not, you can launch it from your taskbar or Start menu.
- Click Get Started.
- Click Select folder to back up if you would like to have your desktop photos automatically backed up to the Keenai cloud, or click Set up later.
- If you chose the folder option, select the folder to use, or make a new folder and click OK and Continue. As long as the Keenai application is running, any photos in the selected folder will automatically be uploaded to the Keenai cloud.
- Click Sync Keenai Photos to download photos from the Keenai service to your desktop or click Set up later.
- If you chose the sync option, choose the folder for your photos, videos and RAW photos and click Continue. As long as the Keenai application is running and you have selected the option to automatically download, any photos that have been uploaded to the Keenai cloud from other devices will be downloaded to the selected folders on your desktop.
- If you would like to sign up for a trial Keenai membership you can enter your Name, Email and Password and click Create Account or, you can click Continue Without Account.
- You are now ready to set up your Mobi card, click on Cards & WiFi Devices and select the Mobi Card icon to activate your Mobi card.
- Place your Mobi card into the Eyefi card reader and place the card reader into the USB slot on your computer. If you do not have an Eyefi card reader, place your card in the SD slot of your computer. The activation code will be read from your card and automatically populated into the Activation Code field. If the Keenai application is unable to read your activation code, you can type it into the supplied box. The activation code will be located on the back of the plastic jewel case, or on a plastic card found inside of the packaging when you purchased the card.
- Click Activate. Your card is now activated and ready to use.
- If you have photos on your Mobi card and it remains attached to your computer, they will begin to transfer.
Below you will find other options for setting up the Keenai desktop application and choosing other card options. These options can be found either by launching the Keenai application from the task bar, Start menu, or through the system tray found in the lower right of your screen.
If you have signed up for a Keenai membership you can choose to automatically download your photos from Keenai. From the Settings Menu, click the Automatically download photos from Keenai button
If you have signed up for a Keenai membership you can choose the destination for your Photos, Video's and RAW photos under this option.
- Click the Keenai Photos icon and select the destination folder for your JPG photos, or Make New Folder and click OK
- Click the Keenai Video icon and select the destination folder for your video files or Make New Folder and click OK
- To use a separate folder for your RAW photos, toggle the switch to On and click the Keenai Photos folder and select the destination director for your RAW photos, or Make New Folder and click OK
You can choose to automatically upload any photos you transfer from your Eyefi Mobi card or other device to the Keenai cloud by selecting "watch" folders. Keenai will check these folders for any new photos and videos and automatically upload them to your Keenai cloud account.
- Click the Add Folder icon and select the folder for Keenai to upload from, or select Make New Folder and click OK
There are several options you can configure for your transfers from your Eyefi Mobi card.
- Start application at launch can be toggled on or off if you would like the Keenai application to start automatically when you restart or power on your computer
- Show thumbnail preview for card and device transfers can be toggled on or off to see a small preview of the photo that is being transferred
- Show transfer progress can be toggled on or off if you would like to see a progress bar of your transfer
- Organize folders by date can be toggled on or off to place your photos in a folder by the date they were taken.
Cards & WiFi Devices
You can configure your current Mobi card, or add additional Mobi cards and other devices in this section.
Add Card or Device
- Click on +add Card or Device to add an additional device which can be another Mobi card, a FlashAir™ card or supported WiFi camera.
Setting Options for your Eyefi Mobi card
- Click on the Mobi card you would like to configure in the left window.
- Select how long you would like to have your card stay connected after the last transfer.
- 1 Minute
- 2 Minutes
- 4 Minutes
- Forever - note if you choose this option, it will keep the connection open and could drain your camera battery.
- Toggle Auto Connect if you would like your card to auto connect when the network is detected.
- Edit Name to name your Eyefi Mobi card.
- Get Card Log is useful if you are having an issue. The Keenai support team will need this to troubleshoot.
- If you have a Mobi Pro card you will see the option for Wireless RAW Transfer, select this option if you would like to wirelessly transfer RAW files from your Mobi Pro card to your desktop.
- If you have a Mobi Pro card you will see the option for Selective Transfer, select this option if you would like to select which photos are transferred to your desktop. In order to use this option, you will need to use your Camera's write protect feature. Only photos that are 'protected' will be transferred.
If you have a Mobi Pro card and would like to configure your card to use your home WiFi network, you can use the Infrastructure Network options. This will allow you to transfer your photos using your home network. A connection over your home network will likely be a stronger connection than direct from the card to your desktop. If you choose to not use this option, the transfers from your Mobi card will connect directly to your WiFi connection and transfer. Please note that using the direct connect option will cause your WiFi connection to drop temporarily from your computer while the photos are transferring. This is a great option if you are away from WiFi networks and want to transfer your photos wirelessly to your computer. You will need a Wifi adapter in your computer to use the direct transfer option.
- Select Connect to Network and choose the network to connect to. You will be asked for your Password key during this step. Enter your Password and click Connect.
Card Status Options
To see the status of the connection to your Eyefi Mobi card, you can select the previewing options from the system tray and select the Keenai application. A status box will open with the status of your connection. In this box you will see the transfer progress and the thumbnail preview for your transfer. There are other options here as well:
Windows System Tray
- Photos Folder will show you the location of your transferred photos.
- Videos Folder will show you the location of your transferred videos.
- keenai.com will take you to the Keenai website.
- * (settings) will provide you with the following options:
- Pause will pause the current upload to your Keenai account until you Resume it again. It will not pause a transfer that is in progress from your Wifi Device.
- Cards and devices will bring up the visual application window for adding or reviewing the devices you have associated with your account.
- Settings will bring up the visual application window for changing and reviewing your current Keenai settings for your desktop transfers.
- Check for updates will check to see if there are any applications updates and provide you with the option to update your Keenai software.
- Exit Application will exit the Keenai application. If you choose this option, any pending transfers will stop.