In order to transfer photos from a Nikon camera to the Keenai application for Windows, you'll need the following:
- A supported Nikon camera
- A Keenai membership
- Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 Pro, 10
- Microsoft .NET 3.5 framework for Win 7, 4.5 for Win 8 and 4.6.2 for Win 10
- Windows PC with a hardware wifi card that is turned on
- 2 GB of ram
- 20 MB available hard disk space
Supported Nikon WiFi cameras
See the article WiFi camera support overview for a list of supported Nikon cameras that will work with the Keenai applications.
Set Up WiFi camera support
To set up the WiFi camera support feature for your camera, you'll first need to install and setup the Keenai desktop application
Once you've installed and set up the Keenai desktop, follow these steps to set up the WiFi camera support for your Nikon camera:
- Click on the Keenai desktop application in the Windows System Tray
- Click Sign In to Keenai Service if you are not signed in already
- Enter your Keenai credentials and click Sign In
- Click add WIFI Camera
- Click Activate Camera
- Select Nikon from Brand and Select your camera from Model (not all models listed pick the one that best matches your model)
- Turn on your camera and click the Wi-Fi button on the view screen
- Write down the password.
- Select your cameras network when it appears in the app.
- Enter the Passphrase (Password)
- Now open your PC WiFi Settings
- Click on your Camera's Network and enter the password when prompted to do so.
- Now click Connect.
- Once your camera network is connected to the PC a transfer window will appear and your images will begin to transfer.