In order to transfer photos from a Nikon camera to the Keenai desktop application for Mac, you'll need the following:
- A supported Nikon camera
- A Keenai membership
- A Mac running OS X 10.10 or higher with WiFi capability and 2 GB of RAM
Supported Nikon WiFi cameras
See the article WiFi camera support overview for a list of supported Nikon cameras that will work with the Keenai applications.
Set Up WiFi camera support
Before using the Keenai application, you will need to setup your camera for WiFi transfers. Please review this article for the steps.
Once your camera is ready to transfer via WiFi, install and setup the Keenai desktop application if you have not previously done so.
Once you've installed and setup the Keenai desktop, follow these steps to begin transfers.
- Open the Keenai desktop application by clicking the Keenai icon in the Apple menu bar in the upper right of your screen
- Click Sign In to Keenai if you have not already done so
- Enter your Keenai credentials and click Sign In
- Turn on your camera and click the Wi-Fi button on the back of the camera.
- The Network should appear in your WiFi settings of your Mac. It may take a moment to show up
- Click Network
- The back of the camera will indicate the camera is negotiating
- Once connected the camera will transfer the images directly to the pictures folder on your Mac unless you have set up a different destination in the Keenai desktop application