Using the Desktop Transfer application for Windows you can download your photos directly to your desktop. These steps are exclusively for setting up the Desktop Transfer application to download your photos from the Keenai cloud service.
NOTE: Keenai keeps a history file of what has previously been downloaded from your Keenai cloud account. If you would like to start over with a fresh download of all your files, please review this article on how to clean up your history files.
- Download the Keenai desktop app
- Open the setup.exe file.
- Follow the on-screen installation steps.
- The Keenai desktop application will be open on your desktop. If not, you can launch it from your task bar or Start menu.
- Click Log In
- Enter your Email & Password and click Log In, the following screen will appear
- Click Settings
Select the following options:
- Toggle to automatically download photos from Keenai
- Select the folder you would like to download your JPG photos to
- Select the folder you would like to download your Video's to
- If you have RAW files the option to store them into a separate folder is available
- Select the folder you would like to download your RAW files to
- Toggle this option if you would like to start the Keenai application at launch
- Toggle if you would like to show a thumbnail during the transfer
- Toggle if you would like to show the transfer program
- Toggle if you would like to optimize your photos into folders by date
Once you select these options you can close this window.
Managing Settings and Downloads
- Launch the Keenai application from the system tray as shown below:
- Click on the * to get to the settings menu
- Click on Enable automatic downloads
Your downloads should begin to the folders previously selected. You will see thumbnails of the downloads along with count displays showing your progress.
If you would like to managing your settings for folders and general options, select Settings
It is highly recommended that you turn off uploads as of the announcement on September 4, 2018 so that you can be sure the download of your data contains all the files in your account.