Using the Desktop Transfer application for Mac you can download your photos directly to your desktop. These steps are exclusively for setting up the Desktop Transfer application to download your photos from the Keenai cloud service.
NOTE: Keenai keeps a history file of what has previously been downloaded from your Keenai cloud account. If you would like to start over with a fresh download of all your files, please review this article on how to clean up your history files.
- Download the Keenai desktop app
- Open the Keenai.pkg file
- Follow the on-screen installation steps
- The Keenai application will launch and you will be asked to log in. Click Log In and enter your email and password used when you setup your Keenai account.
- After you log in, close the Keenai Welcome window by clicking on Finish
Setting up your file destinations
- Open the Keenai desktop application that can be found in the status bar in the upper right of your screen:
- Select Preferences from the menu
Note: If you have previously used the Keenai desktop app or you have < 250 photos in your account, download may automatically begin to the folders previously setup, you should select Pause Downloads on the menu above if you want to change the destination of your downloads
- Select the General tab to set up your folder destinations as shown by the figure "1" below
- Select the folder for your Photos as shown in figure "2"
- Select the folder for your Video files as shown in figure "3"
- If you have RAW files, select the folder for your RAW files as shown in figure "4"
- Choose if you want to organize your media folder by date
- Skip the option to show a thumbnail for card transfers
- Choose if you would like to start the application automatically when logging in
Pausing & Resuming Downloads
Open the Keenai desktop application that can be found in the status bar in the upper right of your screen:
You can Pause and Resume your photos by clicking on one of the options above. You should Pause your downloads if you want to change anything under the Preference options.
You can set your account settings by selecting Preferences from the Keenai menu and selecting Keenai Account as shown in the screen below.